WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE GENERAL PLAN 2021?
General Plans are divided into elements based on specific topics. State law requires seven mandatory elements:
- Land Use
- Open Space
- Growth Areas
- Environmental Planning
- Cost of Development
- Water Resources
Cities and Towns can also choose to include additional elements. In response to community dialogue and input, the following elective elements we added to the 2021 General Plan:
- History & Culture
- Sense of Community
- Neighborhood Preservation
- Hazard Mitigation
- Community Facilities & Services
WHAT’S NEW IN THE GENERAL PLAN 2021?
- The Plan was reorganized around broad themes to better relate to the Town’s established long-range vision.
- Clarified goals and policies to be more concise and remove redundancies.
- The land use plan was revised to more closely align to existing zoning designations to help enhance the preservation of Desert Rural land uses.
- Established stronger General Plan Amendment Criteria.
HOW WAS THE GENERAL PLAN 2021 REVIEWED AND APPROVED?Over the course of the planning process multiple drafts of the General Plan 2021 were prepared as part of the public review and formal approval process. The following timeline details the primary review and approval process:
- A Public Review Draft was disseminated, and further input was considered and implemented into the Planning Commission General Plan Draft.
- The Planning Commission considered the General Plan Draft, held a Public Hearing and forwarded a Commission Recommended Draft to the Town Council for consideration.
- The Town Council approved the Final Draft of the 2021 General Plan, by unanimous vote, at its meeting on November 2, 2020 (Council Resolution R2020-27).
Per State Law, the Council Adopted General Plan is submitted to the qualified electors of the Town of Cave Creek for ratification vote (Election scheduled 5/18/2021).
The Adopted 2021 Town of Cave Creek General Plan can be viewed via the project website: www.cavecreekgp.com or the Town of Cave Creek website: www.cavecreekaz.gov
Questions about the General Plan can be directed to Luke Kautzman, Planning Director, Town of Cave Creek – by phone or email.